Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February Ipsy Bag!


I finally decided to jump on the Ipsy Bag review train!


Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service created by famous YouTube star Michelle Phan. For only $10 a month, subscribers receive a cleverly designed cosmetic bag filled with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products.


The month of February was all about love, of course, and the Glam Bag theme was “The Look of Love;” how adorable! The items I received in this month’s Ipsy bag were:

 



Color: Peony Petal
Full Size: $16.00 (0.3 oz.)
Size Received: $1.88 (4 g.)

This plumping pout perfector combines the high-shine of a lacquered glass with the long wear of a stain and is packed full of lip-plumping peptides and avocado and jojoba oils. Lightweight, creamy texture immediately merges with lips and delivers intense glossy color for an extremely long-lasting finish!

My Thoughts

I loved this gloss! It was extremely moisturizing and glided on with ease! The color I received was perfect for my complexion and the size of the mini was adorably convenient! It provided long lasting color and gave a nice shine to my lips without turning them into a hot mess. I didn’t really notice any plumping-like qualities, but I still give this product two thumbs up!
 
 

Color: Odette (light lilac)
Full Size: $9.00 (0.5 fl. oz.)
Size Received: $9.00 (0.5 fl. oz.)
 
This season’s Zoya Nail are full of pure pigment, intense color and modern complexity that are a perfect transition into Spring. Odette can be best described as full-coverage, sultry orchid maroon cream.

My Thoughts

When I first opened my bag and saw that famous Zoya nail polish box I was so excited to finally try Zoya! But my excitement was quickly deflated when I saw the color. It’s a pleasant tone, but just not for me. I ended up putting this on eDivv (a beauty swamping website) and am expecting a nice Ruby Red toned Julep polish in return; my first Julep ever!

 

 
With Flash

 
Without Flash
 
Color: Starlight (silver)
Full Size: $15.00 (0.04 oz.)
Size Received: $15.00 (0.04 oz.)

This creamy formula glides effortlessly onto the lid and locks into lower rim to beautifully define your eyes. Create a fine line or a thicker line with no pulling or tugging. Wear it as a shadow by applying to the lid and smudge. Rich and full, this liver will give a strong coverage that lasts all day.

My Thoughts

I was ecstatic to see a Mally Beauty product in this month’s bag. I’m an avid QVC shopper and love Mally’s products; especially her bullet-proof eyeliners. I wasn’t too keen on the color, at first, but after applying it to my waterline I was impressed! It gave me a nice pop of color and brightened my eyes. I would recommend any Mally Beauty products; especially her eyeliners. I’m a newb when it comes to makeup and Mally makes her products fool proof!


 
 

Color: Fresh Melon (coral-like)
Full Size: $2.99 (8.9 g.)
Size Received: $2.99 (8.9 g.)

This silky-smooth, highly pigmented matte blush compliments and blends evenly with your skin’s natural glow. Extremely buildable to create a subtle or dramatic look.

My Thoughts

I was delighted to see that I received a nice coral-like color. I’ve been dying to see if coral looks good with my skin tone and it does! I do have to warn those who wish to purchase this blush that a little goes a loooooooong way. When I first applied this blush I picked up a LOT of powder on my brush and once I applied it to my face… holy clown-face, Batman! I had to blend it in like crazy and cover it up with foundation because it was so pigmented and bright. Now that I know how to properly apply the blush, it goes on beautifully and lasts all day. I think this compact will last me years!



  
Style: EL 15
Full Size: $3.99 (1 set)
Size Received: $3.99 (1 set)

Cause a ruckus as you bat your voluminous faux eyelashes! Each includes an individual eyelash adhesive for endurance through a night on the town! Eyelash glue is latex free, perfect for sensitive eyes, lashes can be used up to 10 times, creates the perfect natural look.

My Thoughts

I was born with obnoxiously long eyelashes; don’t get me wrong, I love them and they’re gorgeous, but when you’re a newbie trying to apply mascara… things can get a little bit tricky. I’ve now mastered the art of applying mascara without getting it on my lid, most of the time, but I will probably never need fake eyelashes. I considered giving this product a try, just for fun, but figured another girl would get more out of them than I would; so I listed it on eDivv. I am happy to say that I am expecting a purple twist tie, one of those fancy knotted hair ties, in exchange.


Cost of Bag: $10.00
Value of Bag: $32.86
 
Overall

This bag definitely had some hits for me, but it also had a couple of misses. I was really only able to use three out of the five products, but all three were fantastic! I cannot complain because the value of the bag was over three times the cost + I received the adorable cosmetic bag; you can’t argue with that value!


What did you receive in this month’s Ipsy bag? Did you have any favorites?

If you’re interested in trying Ipsy yourself, here’s my referral link!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment