Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Fun & Fabulous Face Masks: Review of Montagne Jeunesse

The triple “F” of skincare! Fun, fabulous, and for the face! I recently had the pleasure of trying two Montagne Jeunesse face masks; technically, one “cream” type of mask and one, literal, face mask… Halloween-like! Before I dive into the review of each individual mask, I want to review the company itself. I’ve personally seen these masks at department stores and thought they were cheap, foreign, and probably worthless. I know, don’t judge a book by its cover, but unfortunately, that is what I perceived at first glance; especially, since I could not even pronounce the name of the product!

I received my first Montagne Jeunesse face mask (Glacial Clay Spa) via Beauty Box 5; a monthly beauty box subscription service in which I paid $12 per month to receive a handful of surprise beauty-related products.

I was actually lucky enough to score the second mask (Strawberry Soufflé) FREE by being a member of PINCHme. PINCHme is fun site that promotes brands by offering their members free samples every other Tuesday. All you have to do to receive the samples is: sign up and be hawk-like on sample day… literally, be at your computer precisely at 9am PST to claim any available samples. Shipping and handling is free and all they ask that you to do is review the product after you try it out; great deal!

Side Note: Although I refer to the masks as “samples”, they were actually full size, one-time use masks.

Before writing this review, I decided to investigate the Montagne Jeunesse company more; staring with their unusual name. I had a feeling it was “Frenchy,” so I turned to Google Translate; the French translation is: youth mountain. When digging deeper into this company, the name actually made sense! I won’t bore you with all of the details, but if you’re extremely interested, click here.

Essentially, the company was established in the mid-80’s by a vegetarian. They make wholesome, eco-friendly, veggie friendly, and animal cruelty free cosmetic products. I was actually blown away by their story and all that they’ve done for the environment. My only criticism is to possibly review their packaging; perhaps, make it appear more up-scale and appeal to a larger non-foreign educated (like myself) market. I also wish that their masks (the cream versions) came in larger bottles instead of the one-time use packages… but maybe that’s not eco-friendly?

Okay, enough banter… onto the review!

Glacial Clay Spa

Give your skin the ride of its life and feel the natural rush of cooling Glacial Clay cleanse your pores to the core. Anti-oxidant rich Red Grape and Arctic Cloudberry juices from the glacial heights of Scandinavia work their magic to help maintain skins natural barrier. – Taken directly from their website.

This “mask,” was literally that! Prior to opening the package, I was expecting a cream-like substance to rub onto my face; that was not the case! It was a cloth-like mask that you were to apply to a wet / cleansed face…. Such a weird experience! I know that most face masks make women look frightening, but can you imagine this beautimous face coming up to your door at night?!

 
So scary!

After getting over the shock of my appearance, the mask was actually quite relaxing. It provided a nice cooling sensation and was perfect to use while in the tub. After waiting the required 10-15 minutes for the mask to work its magic, it actually began to semi-harden onto my face (but only slightly). Once the time was up, I gently removed the mask, rinsed my face, and patted dry. These were the results!


 
I was SHOCKED at how effective the mask was. My face felt remarkably smooth, my pores were visibly smaller, and I felt extremely clean. I didn’t particularly enjoy the application process, but the results were phenomenal and I would most definitely repurchase this mask in the future. It would not be a regular cosmetic purchase as it is only a one-time use product, and I don’t particularly care for one-time use only products, but for a nice relaxing night-in, or a ladies night, this is a definite must have! The retail price of this mask is $2.49.


Strawberry Soufflé

Cleanse your skin with [the] Strawberry Soufflé face masque as part of your regime for a purified, toned smooth complexion. Loaded with natural goodness which leaves skin hydrated and refreshed allow your skin to breathe with soothing Aloe Vera and calming Vanilla. Experience the sensation of sheer Strawberry delight and enjoy deep cleansed, healthier skin.  – Taken directly from their website.


This mask was exactly what I thought it was going to be, a creamy-like substance that you apply to your neck and face. I ensured that my face was cleansed prior to using the mask; as the instructions stated. If used sparingly, you may be able to get two uses out of one packet, but I lathered this puppy on my entire neck and face area.

As soon as I opened the package, I could smell the delicious scent of strawberries and cream. The scent was so intense (but a good intense) that my man-friend could smell it from the hallway. It smelled as if I scooped strawberry ice cream all over my face. Needless to say, the aroma during my mask session was impeccably delicious!


After the 10-15 minute magic session, I rinsed my face and patted dry. I felt hydrated, toned, and extremely smooth. Check out the results!

 
If you want a luxurious pampering session that is sure to leave your face feeling fresh and your mind relaxed from the overwhelmingly fresh scent of strawberries, then you must try this mask! It retails for $1.99, so it’s actually not that pricey, but again, I’m not a fan of one-time use products. I wish that they sold this in a jar or tube so I could get multiple uses out of my purchase, but I will be buying this again in the future.

Last, but not least, I was able to find a pretty schweet bundle deal on MontagneJeunesse face products! For only $15, you can score 10 of their most popular “fruity facial products”. 

Have you tried any Montagne Jeunesse products? What did you think? Am I the only one who thinks their packaging could be improved upon?
 

4 comments:

  1. Great Review! I've always thought they were a cheap brand, because of their packaging design to be honest, so its nice to know they are much more I love masks so I might have to pick one of these up next time I spot them in the store. I also had to get over the "appearance shock factor" the first time I used a cloth mask LOL awesome and higher quality than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thought they were cheap at first. If you're a fan of strawberry scents, I HIGHLY recommend picking up the souffle one! Although, after learning more about the company, I'm pretty sure you'll be pleased with any of their products! :)

      Delete
  2. Your skin looks radiant! So gorgeous!
    - Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! :) Have you ever tried these products?

      Delete