Finding time to make a well-balanced and healthy week-night meal can seem impossible. However, with slight preparation on the weekend and an inexpensive “chicken-cheat” from your local grocery store, you too can make this impossibility a reality!
Ø Xtreme Wellness! – High Fiber & Low Carb Tortilla Wraps
Ø Fat Free or Light Sour Cream
Ø Already Cooked Rotisserie Chicken
o You should be able to find one at your local grocery store; before 7:00 PM
Ø Fat Free Shredded Cheese
Ø Shredded Lettuce
Ø Sliced Olives
Ø Sliced Jalapeños
The quantity of each ingredient will depend on the number of people you plan to serve and individual taste preference.
1. Completely destroy the chicken! Remove all skin / fat and discard. Strip the meat off of the bones and place into a reusable container (Lock & Lock is my preferred brand).
2. Once the chicken is inside the container, shred the meat to your liking.
3. Slice the avocado into thin strips or cubes (1/4 of an avocado per person).
4. Dice the tomatoes and onions.
5. Cut the lime into quarters (1/4 of a lime per person).
6. Clean and loosely shred the cilantro.
7. Open the salsa, sliced jalapeños, sliced olives, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, and sour cream.
8. Begin the taco construction!
9. When separating the tortillas, be extremely gentle. They are very thin and have a much different texture than regular flour tortillas – but, they still taste amazing and are surprisingly good for you!
10. Spread approximately 1 tbsp. of sour cream into the center of your tortilla.
11. Place one handful of warm shredded chicken on top of the sour cream.
12. Quickly sprinkle ½ a handful of shredded cheese over the warm chicken.
13. Place a handful of shredded lettuce over the melting cheese.
14. Depending on preference, place other toppings onto your taco – the more veggies the merrier!
15. Once the masterpiece is complete, gently take both sides of the taco and wrap it into a burrito-like shape. Then, “seal” the taco by running your fingers along the seam. The odd texture of the tortilla actually helps keep the taco closed.
16. Ta-da! Quick and delicious!
Ø To help keep all of your produce fresh longer, consider investing in “Debbie Meyer Green Boxes or Green Bags”.
o You can cut-up all of your ingredients ahead of time and store them in these containers.
Ø Use the shredded chicken for multiple creations!
o Tacos, Homemade Soup, Salads, etc. – get creative!