Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Make Your Food Fabulous!


 
Being on a diet or trying to eat healthy does NOT have to be a prison sentence. In fact, if you look at it that way, you are only setting yourself up for failure. You should enjoy your food and create an enjoyable experience out of every meal. Get excited about those greens!


You’ve heard the age-old suggestions of: “don’t watch TV while you eat,” “eat at a dining room table,” etc. Well, I know those are grand suggestions, but if your life is anything like mine, you (1) don’t have much down time as it is, and (2) cannot locate your dining room table as it is filled with a collection of the most recent week’s events: your purse, keys, mail, and random unidentifiable objects that are now lost in the abyss of your dining room table. However, just because you choose to eat on your bed while watching your favorite Lifetime Movie, or pop in a Red Box rental while using a TV tray as your table, that does not mean that your food should be lack-luster as well.

Take a few extra minutes to spruce up your entrée; add garnishes to prettify your meals, use fancy dishes, and whip out those gorgeous napkins that you save for only once-in-a-blue-moon occasions! Make every meal a special occasion! Personally, I try to at least make my week-night dinners “pretty,” but breakfast and lunch tend to be quick and eaten in my cubicle at work. Buuuuuuut, when the weekend rolls around, I turn-on my Martha Stewart skills and try to make each meal special.

One quick and easy breakfast “recipe” that I use on the weekend is:

·         Crystal Light (I always have a pitcher of this in the fridge. It’s ZERO calories and T-A-S-T-Y!!!)

·         1 Apple

·         2 Eggs

·         2 Boca Breakfast Links (“sausages”)

Prettifying Items Needed

·         Wine glass (or some other fancy glass)

·         One strawberry

·         Cinnamon

·         Garnish (some green leafy item – you will not eat this, so as long as it looks pretty, it doesn’t matter what it is lol)

For your breakfast beverage, pour yourself a glass of your favorite Crystal Light flavor. Then, after cleaning / removing the stem from the strawberry, slice into it (NOT all the way through, just enough to place it onto your glass – see pic below).

Instead of chomping into that apple like an Amazon, slice it, place it on a pretty plate, and sprinkle with cinnamon.

Prepare the eggs to your preference (I prefer over-easy and runny – try and use EVOO, a non-stick pan, and/or non-fat cooking spray), nuke those “sausages,” and place both items delicately onto a pretty plate.

Lastly, add your green garnish and wipe the plate clean of any spots/splatters (from the egg). Ta-da! A VERY easy, low carb, filling, and FABULOUS breakfast!  

 

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I'm always trying to find ways to eat better and I always end up back into the same bad habits! I'm really bad about not using my kitchen table for eating! I'm sorry/notsorry but I always want to watch Netflix while I eat! Lol. I'll try to do better. Really nice pics though. Looks yummy! BTW I'm Kymberxo on Youtube your new stalker apparently Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can be my stalker ANY time ;) I NEVER eat at a dinning room table lol. I'm a TV tray / in front of the TV kind of girl. That's why I figured if your food / plates look pretty, it's okay if you eat in front of the TV. Using fancy dishes and having pretty food tends to slow down my eating; even if I am basking in front of a TV :)

      Delete